The Douglass Eco1 Laptop is the first truly environmentally-friendly laptop. We have focused both what the laptop is made from, and how it is made, in order to reduce energy consumption, encourage re-use and eliminate waste.
The Eco1 runs the Douglass OS is fully meshed enabled.
The goals in developing the Douglass Eco1 were:
- Achieve a decrease of at least 30% in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- At least 70% of overall re-use and recycling of waste and
- A reduction of at least 75% of fresh water utilization.
We have achieved these goals through:
- simplification and reduction in the number of parts we use
- reduction in the use of strategic, rare or hazardous materials
- substitution with renewable or recycled materials
- design and service structure for re-use
- extended life through upgradability.
The Douglass Eco1 Laptop runs the Douglass OS and come with a suit of ready to use applications.